What are some tips to study efficiently for long hours without getting distracted?
My longest study period was 11 hours. This is how maintained it:
- Take caffeine (especially coffee) in the morning. Study shows that caffeine helps you to improve concentration while studying.
- Make proper planning for studying like write down 6–7 hours task in the paper. When you complete, use color pen on this task. It’ll gives you extra motivation.
- Maintain pomodoro technique. 25–5–25. Study for 25 minutes and take 5 minutes offline break. Do it 4 times. Then take longer break like 30 minutes. You can do your personal works in this time like washing your clothes, cleaning your room, eating some food etc. Then start again 4 session. Do in this way.
- Reward yourself. After completing your study, give yourself 1–2 hours time for recreation and eating your favourite foods.
- Do meditation or prayer. It’ll improve your concentration. You’ll do much better than before gradually.
- Drink enough water. Study shows that dehydration kills your productivity. We work less when we’re dehydrated.
This is my to-do list while studying for the longest hours.